YAYYYYY!!! I am overly joyed…I doubt you will understand.
So I was looking through my site for anything new and inspiring and the Budget bella‘s post caught my eye. I clicked on it and alas my people, she nominated me. Someone explain to me how I can contain this joy? This really means a lot to me because it shows that there is someone out there who appreciates my work and sees me fit to be nominated for an award, even if I do not get it. I am so grateful to the Budget Bella for nominating me. If I see her in person, I am going to give her a really really warm embrace. Okay…enough of my excitement *sorry guys, it is really hard to contain*.
All right, so now that I have been nominated, I have been asked to do a certain number of things. I am not exactly sure what it takes to finally win and get the awards but I will follow the rules as stated and hope that I am considered or maybe re-nominated. [I really do not know how this goes, please if you know, kindly inform me, so I can vote for my favorite favorite blogger].
Okay guys, the ‘Sunshine Blogger Award’ is given by other bloggers, to bloggers who are seen as inspiring and creative. Once nominated, a blogger is required to:
- Thank the blogger for nominating them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer
- Notify your nominees; and
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post.
The questions I was asked by Budget Bella and my answers to these questions:
- WHAT’S THE MEANING OF THE NAME OF YOUR BLOG?
My blog name doesn’t necessarily mean anything. It is actually my native name with ‘thinks-out’ saying that I actually have lots of thoughts and now I want to think them out to the general public to read and see.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR BLOGGING ACHIEVEMENT SO FAR?.
So far, I have achieved a lot!!! First, I have received so many offers telling me to make my works into a script, I have just been too lazy to re-draft into manuscripts. Secondly, I have really really committed readers and critics who call me weekly asking why I have not put up anything or why my stories do not continue or why I have to keep them waiting. Finally, before I say too much, too many, I have been able to put smiles on people’s faces, been able to build a loyal audience and I have been able to communicate with people’s emotions and feelings.
3. HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR BLOGGING STYLE?
I swear love, I have no style oo. I write as the spirit leads and hope really that my readers can relate and understand what I am trying to pass across. I think it is high time I garner a definable writing style. However, I make sure that in all I write, two or more persons out there are able to relate and nod in their mind saying ‘true that…very true, I agree with what she is saying’.
4. OUTDOOR OR INDOOR?
Lol, I think I am in between. I am a pure mixture of both. Some days, I can love to hang and play with friends, go to the beach and jump around, see a movie and eat two large pop-corns, or even go about traveling and networking with other amazing species of the earth. Other days, I can just want to lie on my bed all day, day-dream and think of what I will be like when I am 65, watch movies on my laptop, surf through the net, play need for speed, or even try to experiment cooking different foods.
5. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE FOOD?
If anyone knows me by now, it is the fact that I do not have a favorite food. It is like saying, ‘Porridge yam and Plantain…shift, it is only Jollof rice and Fresh Fish that I will eat because it is my fave.’ No way, that is doing a disservice to all other great food out there. I mean, how can I say my favorite food is ‘Spaghetti, boiled egg and meat-sauce’ when there is something like ‘pounded yam with Egusi and Fresh fish’ or something like ‘avocado pear, toast bread, bacon and coffee’ or something like ‘Starch and Banga’ or even something like ‘Pepper stew with crabs and boiled potatoes’? Kai, do not let me start going on a food spree, biko. I love food, that is all.
6. WHERE DO YOU SEE “YOUR BLOGGING SELF” IN THE NEXT FIVE YEARS?
OMG!!! In 5 years from now, I see my blogging self as a renowned travel and photography blogger, making great best-selling novels from my travel experience and possibly amazing cinematic films from my written works.
7. FRUITS OR VEGETABLES??
So now I have to choose? Kai, oh well then, fruits it will be.
8. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU ??
I am inspired by a lot of things but most importantly, I am inspired by my self-motivation to grow bigger and satisfy my waiting audience.
9. SNEAKERS OR HEELS??
10. IF YOU WERE GIVEN A PRIVATE JET TO FLY TO ONE COUNTRY, WHERE WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
This is not fair oo, why one country? Well, I would fly to Russia because I hear it is the coldest place apart from the Atlantic and I would very much like to see where my parents schooled and where exactly my god-parents lived.
11. MOVIE DATE OR MEAL DATE??
*Tear-stricken-face…all these options that limits me, na wa oo. Meal date, please. Thank you.
NOW MY SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD NOMINEES ARE [GHEN GHEN]:
PS: If you haven’t heard about these blogs, you should check them out!
NOW MY QUESTION GOES:
- Why did you start up your blog?
- What keeps you pushing and inspires you to publish a post?
- Do you blog as a hobby or because you intend to make it a vocation where you can earn?
- When did you realize that you needed to start blogging? And if you could write a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- What informed your decision to name your blog the way it is?
- Are there times you said you were going to stop blogging? If yes, why did you feel that way and how did you overcome the temptation?
- What is your biggest achievement since you started blogging?
- How do you feel when you put up a post and nobody drops a comment or two? Do you look out for comments or you just post?
- Are you happy with your blog? If yes, do you intend to publish some parts of your blog posts for sale, maybe?
- What do you intend to do with your blog in two years time?
- Finally, are you a foodie like me? If yes, do you even have a favorite food?
Thank you Budget Bella again for nominating me. I sincerely appreciate you maami. Kai. Okay, for my nominees, do well to answer your questions and nominate others you feel should get this award. It was fun answering the questions I was asked and I hope the people I have nominated will respond to my question. I cannot wait to read them!